Background

Monday, August 1, 2011

Wedding Dress!

Well I haven't posted in a while but I would like to report that I have purchased my wedding dress!!!!  I went into David's Bridal just to check things out....I didn't expect to buy anything.  The lady there was really helpful and not pushy at all.  I tried on about 10 dresses and really loved the third one I put on.  I decided to sleep on it though and see how I felt in the morning.

Well I could not get the dress out of my mind so the next day I went back to David's Bridal and purchased it!  I wound up getting the plus size because I wanted make sure there was enough room for my boobs so it was $50 extra.  Luckily, it was on sale so it only cost me $426 total.  My budget for dress + alterations is $1000 so I will be well under that, even after I get all of the alterations done (and there will be a lot).

Here is a picture of my dress:


I didn't think I wanted a veil but after thinking about it I realized that I won't feel like a bride unless I have one.  My wonderful friend Ashleigh has kindly agreed to make the veil and the flowers that I want to wear in my hair as well.  I figure that if I get annoyed with the veil, I can take it off during the reception and just wear the flowers.  I went to Joann Fabrics to get fabric and other things to embellish the veil with and Ashleigh is going to get the flowers.  I also picked up the garter for $2.99.  My budget for the garter was $25.  I spent about $46 on stuff for the veil and I am going to mail Ashleigh another $20 in case she needs it.  I moved over the money from the garter budget and into the veil budget so now I am still under.  :)  I love being thrifty.

This is how I am thinking of wearing my hair:


Next I will be working on addressing the save the dates so I can get those out before school starts.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment