Background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Moving time & Flower Ideas

So we're moving next week into a bigger and cheaper apartment (see, I am good at making deals in ALL aspects of life) and it's amazing to see how much CRAP we have accumulated.  I'm glad that we will have more storage space in this new place though.  So I haven't been able to do much when it comes to the wedding front. 

I'm still looking for ideas on flowers.  I'm going up to NY in December to do a lot of wedding stuff so I am going to go to a few places for floral consultations.  My future father-in-law suggested Stew Leonards so I am going to try there.  He is a DJ in the Connecticut area so he knows all of the best vendors.  I'm still not sure if I should attempt a DIY for the centerpieces and possibly even the bouquets.  I hate spending so much money on something I KNOW I can do on my own but I don't know if I am going to have the space at my parent's house to keep everything refrigerated properly.  Also, I am not sure when or how I am going to be able to get them to the venue on the day of the wedding.  I thought about doing silk flowers, but I'm not sure if that would be tacky or expensive.  I would have to get nice ones that look real and aren't too much money.

I'm also thinking of doing wedding pomanders (also known as "kissing balls") for the ceremony.  I could attach them to the chairs for a little bit of decoration or I could see if the Candlewood has shepherd's hooks to hang them on.  I would do those with silk flowers so I could get them done ahead of time.  Probably in some combination of purple, yellow, and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment